Retired H.S. English Teacher
Certified NH School Librarian
It’s been my pleasure to work with the students and teachers of St. Thomas School since 2010. It has been with their interests in mind that the primary library commitments have been to:
* Increase the library’s collection to support the classroom curricula
* Respond to the students’ personal interests in developing our book collection
* Create and support interdisciplinary programs to promote school wide literacy
* Ensure that access to our materials is as student friendly as possible
Mrs. Helen Evans
"There are many
little ways to enlarge
your child’s world.
Love of books
is the best of all.”
Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis
Homework and Project Help
World and U.S. Facts
including sites like 50states.com
All students may register at Derry Public Library.
This allows access to electronic books, magazines, and databases.
News and Magazine Sites
Time for Kids, The New York Times and other sources available.
STA Digital Learning Center
* Library open Mon.-Fri., 8:15am -2:40pm
* PreK-4th grade have weekly Library class
* 5th-8th grade have flexible scheduling based on need; Wed. 1:40 to 2:20 reserved open time
* Library Assts. – shelvers, kdg. readers , Used Book Sale and Barnes & Noble Book Fair helpers
* NH Ladybug Book Award Program – students in prek – gr. 3, read 10 state nominated picture books with buddies’ and librarian’s guidance; children vote for favorite in early Dec.
* Used Book Sale, Nov. 18, Sat., at Parish Candy Cane Fair – Annual Library Fundraiser
* Barnes & Noble Book Fair,
Dec. 6, Wed. – Annual Family
Entertainment and Lib. Fundraiser
* Membership for all students to the Derry Public Library
* Digital Learning Center : online resources for research, projects, and homework help