5th Grade - Summer Math and Reading Assignments
On the first day back to school, incoming 5th grade students will submit a summary sheet in the format described above. This sheet may be typed or written in cursive.
This summary report will be the first grade in 5th Grade Literature class.
Click on the images below to view a summary of each book.
* The Watsons go to Birmingham- Christopher Paul Curtis
* Chasing Red Bird- Sharon Creech
* Inside Out and Back Again- Thanhha Lai
* A Wrinkle in Time- Madeline L’Engle
* Lemonade War-Jaqueline Davies
* From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E Frankweiler- E.L. Konisburg
* Jacob Have I Loved- Katherine Paterson
Let's use the summer to practice some of the main topics you learned.
Pace yourself. Do not wait until the last minute to complete this assignment.
All math pages are due on the very first day of school, and the use of calculators is not allowed.
This will be your first grade for Math class.
Have a wonderful Summer!